Catholic Schools Week
What is National Catholic Schools Week?
National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. It starts the last Sunday in January and runs all week, which in 2017 is January 29 - February 4. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2017 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” Schools typically observe the annual celebration week with Masses, open houses and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, schools focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to our church, our communities and our nation.
Catholic Schools Week 2017 Schedule:
Sunday, January 29, 2017:
• All School Mass at 10:30am (Wear your dress uniform)
Choir meet at 9:30am in Ms. Markley's classroom
Monday, January 30, 2017: Grandparent's Day
• Grandparent's can work with children on a short activity in the classroom
• Grandparent's are invited to eat lunch with their grandchild at the regularly scheduled lunch time
Tuesday, January 31, 2017: Career Day & Religious Scholars Competition
• Students in Pre-K3 - 8th Grade will hear from various speakers about different careers
• Religious Scholars Competition
Wednesday, February 1, 2017: Service Day for Middle School & Open House
• 8th Grade will serve at our local animal shelter
• 6th & 7th Grade will serve at the local food bank
• Open house from 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Thursday, February 2, 2017: Student Appreciation Day
• Free Dress Day: Students who attend the All School Mass may wear Free Dress Day
• No homework!
• Student meet with "Families" from 2:30pm -3:00pm to celebrate Catholic Schools Week
Friday, February 5, 2017: Teacher Appreciation Day
• Breakfast for the teachers following Mass hosted by Student Council
• Students and parents are welcome to bring goodies to show their appreciation for their teachers
Saturday, February 4, 2017: Family Appreciation Day
• St. Cecilia Catholic School will host a party for families to attend
Future Catholic Schools Week Dates
Catholic Schools Week began in 1974. Catholic Schools Week always begins the last Sunday in January.